This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Weird Calendar and Spelling Issues

michael_a

Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:44:03 pm

Is anyone having weird issues with the calendar and spelling? Mine shows all the months starting on the 67th instead of the 1st. Letters are being replaced in some locations. For example the calendar says 'No Ewents', the Zorin "Start" menu shows "Actiwities Owerwiew" and the Activities Overview itself has 'Freruent' instead of frequent.

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:54:56 pm

Hi, if you mean gnome-calendar - no issues here. ;) :D

Aravisian

Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:35:34 pm

michael_a wrote:Is anyone having weird issues with the calendar and spelling? Mine shows all the months starting on the 67th instead of the 1st. Letters are being replaced in some locations. For example the calendar says 'No Ewents', the Zorin "Start" menu shows "Actiwities Owerwiew" and the Activities Overview itself has 'Freruent' instead of frequent.

Micheal, have you imported into your calendar?
Also,
please check your Locale and Language:
https://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/wiki/Co ... _in_Ubuntu

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1573581

michael_a

Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:27:02 pm

Yes, the locale seems to be set correctly (en-us, UTF8). Whatever the issue is, I think it only affects the display. Evolution shows up as 'Ewolution'. When I press the Start button and type in 'vim' the search bar text shows 'wim' but Vim shows up in the results. The same for Visual Studio Code. If I type 'wim' or 'wisual studio' no results are found. Qt shows up as Rt. As far as I can tell, the only letters causing issues are q/Q and v (capital V is unaffected, apparently) plus some numbers. Typing 1234567890 shows 05168956789. If I type or copy and paste any of those characters, it shows up fine in my browser and other applications. I'm beginning to think it might just be an issue with a font.

Aravisian

Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:32:57 pm

You might check your Keyboard Layout as well as your font.

michael_a

Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:41:45 pm

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I was able to resolve it. There were some updates that I installed yesterday so I just restarted the computer and that seems to have fixed it.

Aravisian

Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:47:53 pm

michael_a wrote:I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I was able to resolve it. There were some updates that I installed yesterday so I just restarted the computer and that seems to have fixed it.

That's good; I am not sure how much longer your sanity could have withstood your desktop talking' baby tawk' to you.
I thought about suggesting you remove the Elmer Fudd language pack, but decided to not be wascawwy.

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:34:40 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: