This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] TV S-Video out

Aeruphus

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:23:39 am

I recently installed Zorin on an ancient desktop to play movies on an old television for some friends of mine. The computer has a GeForce MX4000 video card with an s-video out. The computer boots fine and can view bios and loading screen fine with s-video, however once the login screen appears video starts scrolling repeatedly top to bottom. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Wolfman

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:18:26 am

Hi,

if it is an old TV, the should be a button or two at the back to stop in scrolling!!. Horizontal and Vertical control!!

Regards Wolfman :D

Wolfman

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:41:57 am

Hi chaps,

from what I understand, he/she is running their PC directly through the TV without a monitor via s-video out, they said it is an old TV; so I assume that it has the buttons at the back to adjust the scroll!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Aeruphus

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:17:52 am

Thank you Wolfman for the quick reply.... however not that old.

In the end the fix was to try and go through installing the legacy drivers and have it fail over and over again... I got to the point that I have installed some of the legacy driver support and then I restarted the box and the svideo out worked.... Wish I had been ocumenting more so I could help the next poor sap who tries the same thing. But it is now working and looks to be rather decent quality.

Thank you very much.