This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

deleting messages from evolution

bernardknight

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:41:50 pm

How can I delete messages from the Wastebasket in Evolution? I have hundreds but nothing seems to shift them. Tried right-click, then 'Delete' all it does to move to the next message. Thinking of going back to Windows Mail - also I cannot cut and paste anything into the body of outgoing messages as you can in Windows.

madvinegar

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:44:55 am

May I suggest to you to download thunderbird? Way better than evolution (and any microsoft outlook for what matters....)

madvinegar

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:26:57 pm

No problem swarfendor. It's nice to have lots of opinions/options.
I am referring of course to my personal opinion and experience on mail clients. I use e-mai a lot in my work so I have expiremented, trying different software.
I have found some characteristics in thunderbird that I could not find in any other mail client.

Nevertheless, the best software is what suits someone the most. I am best suited with thunderbird, you are best suited with evolution. The important thing is to be happy and to get your work done! :D

Wolfman

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:43:24 am

bernardknight wrote:How can I delete messages from the Wastebasket in Evolution? I have hundreds but nothing seems to shift them. Tried right-click, then 'Delete' all it does to move to the next message. Thinking of going back to Windows Mail - also I cannot cut and paste anything into the body of outgoing messages as you can in Windows.

Hi BK,

try taking a look here:

http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/

It should have the answers you seek!! :D

Regards Wolfman :D