This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Start menu has double list

vinoman

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:55:15 pm

I have just installed Zorin 5.2 yesterday and overall its very nice. :)

but one thing, the start menu has a double list of menu items. I don't know how it happened. How do I delete the second list of menu items?

vinoman

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:42:21 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi vinoman, and welcome to the Zorin forums. It usually happens after installation of something new - I think it might be a bug in Gnomenu which is used by Zorin. To get back to normal, simply 'right-click' the Z button and select 'Edit'. When the interface appears, click on 'Revert button':

Screenshot-Main Menu.png

You may be asked to 'reload' the menu - do so. Hope this helps.

That fixed it. I've been using Linux for seven years now and tried many distros. Mint has been a favorite, but Zorin has polish and is impressive. And like Mint you're Irish! You have become a new favorite that I will install on friends PCs that need a new life.

Thank you. :)

vinoman

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:55:41 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:I personally am not from the Emerald Isle but I did have a Great Uncle (whom I never met) from the same location.

Well neither is Clem Lefebvre of Mint. But you both list Ireland as home for Mint and Zorin. You must like it there. I live on the other side of the pond in Oregon. :)

vinoman

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:24:25 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:I'm based in mainland UK! My Uncle (on my mother's side) lived in Oregon up to the time he passed away - he lived at Yachats.

I live in Portland. Been to Yachats, nice little town. It's a small world. Where are you in UK?