This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Section of panel disappeared

vinoman

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:52:29 pm

I'm running Zorin 5.2 and this morning when booting up the right hand end of the panel was gone, the part that tells to log off or shutdown. How do I correct this? Haven't seen this before.

madvinegar

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:31:32 pm

Open a terminal (ctrl+Alt+T) and write

Code:
killall gnome-panel

and hit <enter>

vinoman

Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:32:08 pm

madvinegar wrote:Open a terminal (ctrl+Alt+T) and write

Code:
killall gnome-panel

and hit <enter>

Thanks. I'll try it later because after the second reboot, the panel corrected itself.

madvinegar

Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:35:29 pm

It is a frequent "bug" of the panel bar which happens only in the win7 look. I used to have it my-self, I have done various fixes but still sometimes it happened again.
I changed to gnome look, and I never had any problem again...

vinoman

Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:40:15 pm

madvinegar wrote:It is a frequent "bug" of the panel bar which happens only in the win7 look. I used to have it my-self, I have done various fixes but still sometimes it happened again.
I changed to gnome look, and I never had any problem again...

Thanks for the tip. :)

Auldyin

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:47:56 pm

vinoman wrote:I'm running Zorin 5.2 and this morning when booting up the right hand end of the panel was gone, the part that tells to log off or shutdown. How do I correct this? Haven't seen this before.

Hi
When I have this problem I just right click on the panel choose options and move from Bottom to left then back to bottom always fixes it.
Cheers Auldyin

:x :x :x :x :x