This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Cairo dock and compiz

fosterm

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:46:40 pm

Well i have been running Zorin OS 5.2 lite for a couple weeks now. Having used ubuntu,kubunto,fedora,backtrack, and linux MInt i have to say that zorin is the one that suites me best. I recently applied Cairo-Dock to my desktop and it has a black background around the docks. I tried to get metacity to work but with no success so i installed compiz with all the packages. Now when i log on it has the black background but i can right click on compiz and either reload WM or switch the windows manager and it works....So how would i modify it to automatically work when i logged on? I am running a Dell Latitude D610 320GB HDD 2GB RAM Grafix is mobility radeon x300 any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wolfman

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:21:54 am

Hi,

I don't quite know if this is what you want; but you can look here:

http://www.compiz.org/

Regards Wolfman :D

fosterm

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:09:40 pm

The compiz website does not go in to detail unfortunately, I've tried extensive measures to solve the problem but alas i am just living with switching my windows manager manually when i log on. Any other suggestions.