This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] How to install java on zorin 6

ooseven

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:27:28 pm

Hello there.
Just when I get java to open the games in pogo.com some thing changes.
I use to go here to install the java:
http://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/java#TOC-Install-JRE-32-bit-

But it does not work in zorin 6.

Can some one let me know how to do that....

Wolfman

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:03:10 am

Phateless

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:33:03 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi ooseven, System | Administration | Synaptic Package Manager then search for 'java' as in screenshot below:

java.png

Thanks so much for that! Which packages do I need checked in order for Java to work properly? Please excuse my noobness.

Phateless

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:50:05 pm

Subscribing.

Phateless

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:41:19 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Did you expand the picture to see the packages that I posted above? Was it you that put >SOLVED< at the end of the OP submission - and more to the point, has ooseven issues been resolved?

Yes, I did expand the picture, but wasn't sure if those were the only packages I need. Also got a 404 on some of them I think...

It was not me who tagged it as SOLVED.

I don't know about the OP.

Btw, I can't figure out how to subscribe to this topic... this forum, like the OS, is very minimal, which I like, but I can't find the setting to turn on auto-subscribe.

Wolfman

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:15:47 am

Phateless wrote:
swarfendor437 wrote:Did you expand the picture to see the packages that I posted above? Was it you that put >SOLVED< at the end of the OP submission - and more to the point, has ooseven issues been resolved?

Yes, I did expand the picture, but wasn't sure if those were the only packages I need. Also got a 404 on some of them I think...

It was not me who tagged it as SOLVED.

I don't know about the OP.

Btw, I can't figure out how to subscribe to this topic... this forum, like the OS, is very minimal, which I like, but I can't find the setting to turn on auto-subscribe.

Hi,

your question has been answered here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1812&start=10

Please don't post the same question in different parts of the forum, there is no "Auto Subscribe", simply click on the "Post reply" button at the bottom of the page, if you want to include something that someone has written, click on the "Quote" button in the window when you wish to include the text of a previous post. If you want to be alerted about replies, when typing a question/answer; there is a little box underneath the white window which says " Notify me when a reply is posted".

Regards Wolfman :D