This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Lubuntu Software Center wont open

Infam0us

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:28:43 pm

Yesterday i installed Zorin OS 6 Lite (my first linux distro ever). Since yesterday i have been trying to access lubuntu software center but nothing happens, i've clicked it multiple times and nothing, I'm still getting used to using linux (i've been a windows user for 12 years) but from what i can see Everything else seems to work fine, the only problem is with lubuntu software center. I've rebooted multiple times, i've even reinstalled zorin os 6 lite and still lubuntu software center doesn't wanna open. I'd very much appreciate the help.

madvinegar

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:48:48 am

One time this happened to me (with zorin 5.2 core) and it was because the updated process was interrupted (by a power failure).

Plug an ethernet cable on your pc/laptop. Boot again and from the grub menu chose the recovery mode.
From the new menu that will come up chose "dpkg" and let it run for as long as it takes so as to repair any faulty packages and update.

Wolfman

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:01:13 pm

Hi,

if MV's suggestion doesn't help you, try these two links:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1618

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

Regards Wolfman :D