This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

windows software and installation process issue on HP 2133

surfboy21

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:10:02 am

To administrator.
I purchased zorin os premium multimedia version.
I'm having difficulties during installation on HP 2133.
At the beginning I received few errors, later after start again a lot of errors.
Even wifi driver was gone. When I started to run update ( around 285 updates ) few packeges didn't go through.

Why is that? PC is not so old and windows 7 was running like a storm light on it...
I installed it from the same dvd on another laptop ( sony vaio vgn-a117s ) and everything is fine, without even one tiny issue.
Second question is, I want to install few windows aplications on zorin os and I use playonlinux for it as instructed but at the end of process I see C: drive and normal windows directory, installation crashes when I use this directory.
I think it should be zorin drive one, am I right?
What's the localization to install it on zorin?
Thanks for any help.
Thanks and regards
Matt

Wolfman

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:31:25 am

Hi Matt,

firstly; take a look at these How-To's:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1618

This should help with your package problems, secondly, install the package "hplip-gui" and it will install anything related to a HP printer!!.

If your Zorin disk worked on one PC, there is no reason it shouldn't on another, try booting in safe low graphics mode and see if you have problems!!.

Regards Wolfman :D