This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Desktop background not starting

Dai

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:41:07 pm

Hi guys new to Zorin just installed and re-installed this morning. I have two problems I would like to sort out, with your help of course.

1. My background desktop pic that I use is not activating on startup just have a black screen. I have to manually select the background each time (pain I know) is there a simple fix for this.
2. when creating some autostart apps /etc/xdg/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart file I get two of each app (two skype, two jitsi, etc) how do I sort this out.

Apart from that Zorin seems to be a nice distro.

By the way I'm using Zorin 6 lite (lxde version)

Dai

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:17:35 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Just re-read your second bit - does this mean you get the application launching twice or it is showing up twice in your menu?

Yes that is right skype launches twice and jitsi twice yes two of each. tried /home/dai/.config/lxsession/LXDE aswell (autostart file) as it says on lxde wiki no joy nothing happens no start up at all from skype or jitsi

While I'm at it cant configure sound settings my microphone is not working right clicking the sound icon just shows settings greyed out and cant fnd any menu item for sound settings.

forgot to say got the desktop sorted just dumped it in with the zorin backgrounds folder that seems to have sorted tht out.

Dai

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:03:10 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:I have had some issues with 5.0 Ultimate with Microphone. Afraid I do not have 6.0 lxde running here. All I can suggest is boot into safe mode and try running dpkg to repair any possible broken packages following your installation. The last distro I used with LXDE was VectorLinux 5.9.

No worries just sorted it with pavu from synaptic bit of fiddling and sound is working now.
Just wish autostart apps was just as easy but, then it wouldn't be linux.

Dai

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04:54 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Just found this - it might help, might not:

https://linuxcritic.wordpress.com/2009/ ... with-lxde/

PS - can I delete your 'duplicate' post? I could (once this forum has full functionality again as I cannot update my own posts or edit others as a mod) copy and paste your technical phraseology at number 2. into this post.

ye delete duplicate sorry about tht not used to having posts moderated.