This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) default keyring

Dai

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:22:58 am

I've installed an app I think it may be empathy which wants me type in a password everytime I turn on the pc this is annoying. I wish not to do this. I have found the default keyring files but not sure if these are the correct ones. /home/dai/.gnome2/keyrings not sure whether deleting them will help or make things worse.

I have some old ubuntu instructions:
@dai Start "seahorse" from cmd line, right click on your default keyring and then change the password. Leave new password blank. But one small problem with these seahorse is not installed.

Any suggestions as this password box is annoying to say the least.

Thanks inadvance
Dai

Wolfman

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:28:29 am

madvinegar

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:57:23 am

Further to the 1st link that wolfman gave you, if I remember well in the keyrings I had one login keyring and one default keyring.
In the login keyring my password was stored so as not to enter it every time I was rebooting the laptop.

In the default keyrings, I had stored all the passwords for websites and various other programs.
I deleted this default keyring, and next time I was asked to complete a password (so as to be stored as a keyring) I left everything blank and just clicked OK.

Dai

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29:28 pm

madvinegar wrote:Further to the 1st link that wolfman gave you, if I remember well in the keyrings I had one login keyring and one default keyring.
In the login keyring my password was stored so as not to enter it every time I was rebooting the laptop.

In the default keyrings, I had stored all the passwords for websites and various other programs.
I deleted this default keyring, and next time I was asked to complete a password (so as to be stored as a keyring) I left everything blank and just clicked OK.

Sorted it re-named defult and defailt.keyring re-started empathy left password blank (which I did the first time) then entered passwords when empathy asked for them. now I have two new files default (not sure what that does) and default.keyring with paswwwords for voip accounts in empathy. Which is ok as the annoying pop-up keyring is no longer happening.