This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Bug Report - "Can't Install Ubuntu Upgrade SOLVED

erko

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:37:44 am

Hi Folks!

I don't know where else to post this Bug Report . . .

Instructions, during process, indicated using 'Ubuntu-Bug Update Manager' in a terminal. I am not familiar enough with terminals to comply.

At about 2305 Hrs. CDT, Thursday, 04-05-12, I attempted 'Upgrading Ubuntu to version 11.10. During process, a window popped-up declaring: "Can't Install 'Ubuntu-Desktop.'" Further indicating: "It was impossible to install a required package. Please report this as a bug using 'Ubuntu-Bug Update Manager' in a terminal."

According to what I can initially ascertain, this Zorin distro on my PC is currently utilizing Ubuntu v/ 11.04, which seems to be working very nicely.

Thank you much all in advance!

~ERKO

Wolfman

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:36:54 am

Hi Erko,

you cannot upgrade Zorin to Ubuntu via the OS updater, if you do, your system will be taken over by an Ubuntu install and you will no longer have a Zorin desktop.

Just do the normal system updates and don't use that updater!!. Zorin 6 will be out most likely in May so you can play around with that!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:48:44 am

Wolfman wrote:Zorin 6 will be out most likely in May

Really???? !!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Wolfman

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:00:10 am

madvinegar wrote:
Wolfman wrote:Zorin 6 will be out most likely in May

Really???? !!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Hi MV,

simple maths my dear chap, Ubuntu 12.04 final release is on the 26th of April, I would assume that Zorin has been working on the new OS using the alpha and beta versions and by my reckoning; should be ready in May sometime!!.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ub ... angolin.29

Regards Wolfman :D

erko

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:04:31 am

Thanks much for your time & effort, Wolfman & Madvinegar!

Actually, so far I very much am liking this current version of Zorin!

I haven't had a whole lot of time to mess around with it, but it seems to be VERY well thought out ...at least from my "Newbie" perspective.

Once again, thank you both so very much! :)

~erko