This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Weak looking text

Baz P

Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:39:40 pm

Loaded Zorin OS last week and, so far seems to be working OK apart from interminable wait sometimes when swapping between programs which I assume is something to do with the way I've set it up but perhaps I'll come back to that on another occasion. Typically screen is greyed out for minutes at a time.

My current query is about text which looks pretty weedy...thin looking if you know what I mean particularly but not exclusively on Opera webpages. Scrolling is jerky as well and the cursor seems to have a mind of it's own seemingly moving when it feels like it!

Any ideas of how to solve these anomalies which are more irritating than being a big problem?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

madvinegar

Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:51:06 pm

It sounds like you need to get the latest drivers for your graphics card.

First of all try the below:
Have you updated fully your system after installation? Running dpkg at boot would be also nice (after plugging an ethernet cable so as to get internet).
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

If yes, go to additional drivers to check if there is a recomended driver available to be enabled and try it.

If this does not help, open terminal and post the results of
Code:
lspci
to see what is your graphics card.