This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Cannot save to a Flash Drive

alpha1

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:59:19 pm

Hi Guys
Can anyone help on this issue - I have running Quicken and i am trying to backup to a Flash drive but cannot is there a trick that i am missing?
System reply s :-

Wolfman

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:43:36 pm

Hi,

if you didn't "safely remove" the USB from whatever PC it was last in, it is still locked to that PC, put it back in the last PC and follow the remove safely (unmount) function, assuming its Windows, the little hardware symbol near the clock!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

alpha1

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:30:21 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

if you didn't "safely remove" the USB from whatever PC it was last in, it is stilled locked to that PC, put it back in the last PC and follow the remove safely (unmount) function, assuming its Windows, the little hardware symbol near the clock!!.

Thanks wolfman for replying
I have though of that but as i have tried other flash drives and get the same response it seems doubtful for that to be the reason.
In the mean time i am able to access these drives on Ubuntu and Zorin no problem including XP.
Any other ideas come to mine here.

Wolfman

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:30:51 am

alpha1

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:16:53 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi alpha,

have you done this:

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/ ... 82208.html

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/ ... 82197.html

Thanks for that Wolfman, your right that was something i had missed out on.
Ok i have Installed the update but still no improvement will try a reboot - but not expecting anything to change.

alpha1

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:24:43 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Forgot about this - have you got 'mountmanager installed?

Thanks for the reply swarfendor437 - No I do not have mountmanager install already
But i do not currently have any problems connecting to these drives under Zorin or Ubuntu and XP
However I will install it and give it a try and let you know.

alpha1

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:23:11 am

alpha1 wrote:
swarfendor437 wrote:Forgot about this - have you got 'mountmanager installed?

Thanks for the reply swarfendor437 - No I do not have mountmanager install already
But i do not currently have any problems connecting to these drives under Zorin or Ubuntu and XP
However I will install it and give it a try and let you know.

Sorry no go, although it found the device and open it up still cannot save to it or is there any other setting to be made here. but it seems straightforward.
question do you think it could be the PlayOnLinux is an issue her or even wine itself as i have notice an update for PlayOnLinux but there dos not seem to be a way of updating this program.
Still looking.

madvinegar

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:05:58 pm

Have you tried formating one of the flash drives using the "disk utility" of Zorin?
Delete all of its partitions (if any), perform a clean format, create only one big partition for the whole size of the flash drive, mount it back and try again.

To get the latest version of play-on-linux go here: http://www.playonlinux.com/en/download.html

alpha1

Sat May 05, 2012 6:53:53 am

madvinegar wrote:Have you tried formating one of the flash drives using the "disk utility" of Zorin?
Delete all of its partitions (if any), perform a clean format, create only one big partition for the whole size of the flash drive, mount it back and try again.

To get the latest version of play-on-linux go here: http://www.playonlinux.com/en/download.html

Thanks madvinega for that.
My Sticks are all in use with info t do not want to mess with - it will have to wait till i by a new stick unfortunately. then i will try that out.
In the mean time i have tried a workaround of saving to Zorin file on desktop and backing up from there.
Instead of trying to backup direct from Quicken. not sure if i am the only one with this issue or its just a one off.

Thank you for the Link.

Wolfman

Sat May 05, 2012 3:09:08 pm

Hi,

use gnucash or homebank instead of quicken!!. They are in the repo.

alpha1

Fri May 25, 2012 11:02:36 am

SOLVED
Please see PlayOnLinux Issue Resolved This also
Thanks

alpha1

Sat May 26, 2012 12:47:06 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi alpha1,

I have suggested elsewhere (apologies if it was you - I cannot keep track of every Quicken posting, but have you tried GNU cash? - This can import quicken files - we already have someone converted to GNU Cash on here! :D

Sorry if i was not clear in my last post, but i was only trying to say you have resolved this for me in another post regarding Playonlinux - which is, once you have carried out your suggestion on the way to upgrade POL it solved the saving to Flash Drive problem from Quicken 2002.
So i will not need to to migrate to GNU Cash
Many Thanks