This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How can I make the taskbar not group similar programs

x2r

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:45:34 am

Hi,

How can I make the taskbar not group similar programs?

Best regards

Xavi

madvinegar

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:14:50 pm

Hi.
Is there any chance that you mean the main menu? (and not the taskbar).
You mean i.e. not to group all the "internet" programs together or the "games" together etc. Correct?

You can go to system>preference>main menu and do any alterations you like.

x2r

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:07:34 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

Not on the Menu, but the taskbar(Where can switch between open programs). Imagine you have 2 or 3 windows open from libre office. I do not want to be grouped in one instance. The windows 7 comes by default with this feature and it is possible to disable. In Zorin OS, i do not get it.

Thank you

Xavi

madvinegar

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:13:15 pm

I am not even sure if there is an (easy) way to change that.

I can only suggest the following:

Either hoover the mouse pointer over the minimized group of icons so as a small display of each of the applications to appear.
or
Press Alt+tab so as to get a display of all open windows and then by holding alt press tab repeatedly until the specific window you want to view is selected. Then release alt for the window to open.

x2r

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32:32 am

Thank you. I know that i can use alt + tab or the mouse to switch between windows, but I don’t like having the windows grouped. Anyone has an idea how not group windows in task bar?

Xavi

x2r

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:57:06 am

Hello,

I am talking about this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... he-taskbar

It's the same situation as in Windows. I do not want to group similar buttons on the taskbar. In Windows we do: "Select the Group similar taskbar buttons check box so that it is checked. (To turn off grouping, clear the Group similar taskbar buttons check box.)"

How can do this in Zorin?

thanks

Xavi

Wolfman

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:15:54 am

Hi Xavi,

I didn't read it all but there are a number of settings you can look at here:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content ... tricks.htm

Hope it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D