This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Why I always have this Error ???

tech27

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:27:58 am

Everytime I do an update I always have this error, its my first time to encounter this problem.

I really need help on this :( :( :(

tech27

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:58:57 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Have you installed something after installing Zorin? It could be a particular package needs the most recent Kernel headers but not compatible with your current release of Zorin and may break it - wait to stand corrected - Wolfman? madvinegar?

Yeah but I only installed the recommended updates like security and important updates. need help :( :( :(

Wolfman

Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:05:25 am

Hi,

what download source are you using and what package did you install that requires that particular kernel package, kernel 3.0xxx is for Gnome 3 and Zorin runs on Gnome 2 !!.

Change your download sources to something like mine!!.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694

Also do this afterwards:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

And maybe:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1618

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:14:08 am

Is it zorin6 lite edition? Maybe zorin 6 lite is using gnome 3 (?).

Please post the outcome of
Code:
uname -a
to see the kernel version.

Wolfman

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:17:16 am

Zorin 6 Lite is based on "Lubuntu" (LXDE) and on Ubuntu 11.10.

Quote from Zorin Blog page:

"This release is based on Lubuntu 11.10 and uses the LXDE desktop environment to provide one of the fastest and most feature-packed interfaces for low-spec machines. New features and refinements include a more lightweight version of the Software Center which makes it much easier to install applications in Zorin OS Lite and update programs."

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/408 ... ght_linux/

tech27

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:19:57 am

madvinegar wrote:Is it zorin6 lite edition? Maybe zorin 6 lite is using gnome 3 (?).

Please post the outcome of
Code:
uname -a
to see the kernel version.

It's 3.0.0.17 I'm using the Zorin OS lite 6. Likely the same with 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot
link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ub ... _Ocelot.29

madvinegar

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:56:01 am

Have you tried, as wolfman suggested, to do the update process via the terminal?

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Do you get any errors?

tech27

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:09:16 am

Hello guys thanks for all efforts trying to help me and I appreciated it a lot, and yeah I already solve this problem. I just follow the instruction stated here: http://www.liberiangeek.net/2010/10/fix ... k-meerkat/

Wolfman

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:22:45 am

Glad to hear it!! :D

I was under the impression tha Lubuntu was using a kernel from the 2.0xxxxxx range, this doesn't seem to be the case as I read some more info on it!!.
What are the specs of your PC??, I am just interested; I have tried Zorin 6 Lite on my PC but don't really like the LXDE desktop, now if Zorin would do an XFCE desktop; I would be very interested as I am NOT a fan of Gnome 3 at all really!!!!. I lke having my icons all over the place and G3 is quite restricted in that sense!!. I will run Zorin 6 G3 version but; if it gets on my nerves.........