This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Appearance Preferences box at start up

wlsnoops

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:38:19 pm

Hello,
I have been running Zorin 5.2 on my laptop Acer Aspire 5920 for about a month now. So far I'm loving it. My issue is that if I make a any change to the panel, something goes awry.

This morning, I played with the different icons for the menu button through the GnoMenu settings utility. Now whenever the computer restarts, the Appearance Preferences box pops up at login.

I made no other changes to the system except for playing around with the menu button icon. BTW, I am using the Windows 7 look.

I hope I've provided enough info for the problem.

Thanks.

wlsnoops

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:07:25 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi wlsnoops, and welcome to the Zorin forums. Did you click on 'reload menu' after you made the changes?

Yes, every time it asked me to.
Thanks.

madvinegar

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:20:02 am

Try this.
Go to control center>look changer and change the look to Gnome-look. Log out-Log in and then go again to look changer and change back the look to win7-look. Log in-Log out again and see if all got back in place.

wlsnoops

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:02:36 am

Unfortunately, that didn't work. As a matter of fact, I lost my launchers in the panel and had to put them back again.