This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

problem to install, help !

9buck9

Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:52:32 pm

Hi, can you fix the problem in the install ?

Wolfman

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:18:49 pm

Hi,

you need to give us more information!!. What problem(s) are you having??.

Regards Wolfman :D

9buck9

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:54:33 pm

sorry. I have download the latest version of zorin os ( 5.2, 32 bits ) and when i clic to instal, all start normal and after it say a problem arrive and the install dont work and crash my windows xp and nothing work ... so help me because its the best linux ever !

Wolfman

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:02:45 pm

Hi,

don't select the installer directly, boot in safe mode and fully boot, make sure everything is okay then use the installer icon on the desktop!!.

9buck9

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:42:02 am

Hi, I just whant to install it on my second hard disk, but the install crash and my xp crash also ... and sorry for the time for my answer but i dont receive an email to notice it ...

Wolfman

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:46:31 am

Hi,

I assume you are using a CD to install, did you burn the disk at the slowest possible speed??. If you did not, you may well have a bad disk with read/write errors!!.

If you are trying to install to a second hard drive, you still need to select install bootloader to MBR otherwise you won't be able to boot anything!!. (normally sda1)

You need to give us some more details as it is very vague as to what problem you are having, when did the installer crash??, did you pre-format your drive??.

Here is a how-to about installation:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1658

Please let us know exactly how you tried to install, with a disk or USB stick??, do you want to keep XP??.