This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

my lower left side icons do not appear

denixxmen

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:33:55 am

hi me again lol well you see a few days ago I had problems with my wifi card to the user solved thank you very much now I have another little problem madvinegar and some questions hehe good theme here:

my icons as calendar, network, music and the clock will not be using the look of windows 7 as I can fix it?

Zorin is updated further questions wing latest version?

and the final question itself is updated with the ultimate version as I can change the core version of the ultimate version? without moving my files from my pc so just change the

I hope help me thanks

madvinegar

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:18:05 am

1) As regards the icons disappearing on the lower right (not left) side of the panel, this is probably a bug of the 5.2 version related to the graphics card you are using and the win7 look. You have the following options:

i) Either change the look to gnome-look and never have this problem again.
ii) Try to get the latest drivers for your GPU and see if that will help.
iii) Go to system>administration>startup applications and create one or even two more entries with "gnome-panel".
iv) Add the icons on the bar yourself (swarf will explain better how this is done).

2) The next release of Zorin (Zorin 6) is expected, hopefully, soon enough. Zorin 6 will be based on ubuntu 12.04 which is released officially in about 3 days. So, we are expecting that Zorin 6 will be released a little time after the release of ubuntu 12.04.

3) Unfortunatelly you cannot update from one release to the other (i.e. from core to ultimate). You have to save all your files and carry out a new clean installation of the new version. Wolfman can explain better how you can at least keep your home folder partition without losing data but this only works with the same releases i.e. from 5.2 core to 5.2 ultimate (not from 5.2 to 6 as they will be based in different gnome).

denixxmen

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:23:10 pm

okay I'll try when I get home and comment thanks.

PS: I did not understand very well the answer to my question hehehe

¿Zorin only updated with the ultimate version?

madvinegar

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:37:00 pm

To be honest I do not clearly understand the question.
Could you please explain what do you mean? Thanx!

denixxmen

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:22:50 pm

madvinegar wrote:To be honest I do not clearly understand the question.
Could you please explain what do you mean? Thanx!

my question is:

What for to update Zorin wing version 6 is proved necessary to use the paid version (ultimate) or I can stay with the core version and still upgrade?

denixxmen

Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:47:50 am

thank you very much already solved and how? I'll just wing panel add taskbar and add the clock and the other supplements thanks: D