This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Touch Screen Configuration

delunsford123

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:54:23 pm

To start off with, I am a big fan of Zorin !!!
I have Zorin installed on every PC I have.

I have installed Zorin 5 Lite on an older touch screen PC (less that 1Ghz processor speed and 256 MB of memory). The touch screen ability works in Zorin 5, but the configuration is off. Using the mouse everything works fine. Using the touch screen the mouse pointer will not go all the way to the edge of the screen (top, bottom, left, or right). Also, when you slide your finger to the right, the mouse pointer moves left and when you slide your finger to the left, then the mouse pointer moves right.

So far I have not found any kind of tool to download that will fix this.
I think future versions of Zorin should including some kind of configuration tool that can be used to configure touch screens.

All that being said, does anyone have any idea how to configure a touch screen ??
I have no idea...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,

Darrell Lunsford

madvinegar

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:33:23 am

Hi.
Try this.
Open ubuntu software center and download the "xinput-calibrator".
Use it to calibrate correctly yout touchscreen.

Wolfman

Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:35:29 am

delunsford123 wrote:To start off with, I am a big fan of Zorin !!!
I have Zorin installed on every PC I have.

I have installed Zorin 5 Lite on an older touch screen PC (less that 1Ghz processor speed and 256 MB of memory). The touch screen ability works in Zorin 5, but the configuration is off. Using the mouse everything works fine. Using the touch screen the mouse pointer will not go all the way to the edge of the screen (top, bottom, left, or right). Also, when you slide your finger to the right, the mouse pointer moves left and when you slide your finger to the left, then the mouse pointer moves right.

So far I have not found any kind of tool to download that will fix this.
I think future versions of Zorin should including some kind of configuration tool that can be used to configure touch screens.

All that being said, does anyone have any idea how to configure a touch screen ??
I have no idea...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,

Darrell Lunsford

Have you installed any graphics card drivers?, see the Zorin Lite guide for further info:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4835

Are you sure you are using Zorin Lite 5?, you should be using at least ver 9 as all other versions of Zorin Lite are no longer supported!:

http://zorin-os.com/download9.html