This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Gwibber - show unread?

eskimobob

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:31:02 am

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask this - I've only just started using Zorin OS 5 (migrating to Linux from Windows) and am unsure whether I ask here because it is bundled with the OS or elsewhere (not that I can find a Gwibber forum). If I'm asking in the wrong place, please tell me.

I've configured my Twitter account and I can read my twitter feed - great 8-)
What I can't seem to figure out is how to show only unread tweets in the Gwibber client or at least how to highlight unread tweets so I do not have to scroll backwards trying to figure out which was the last one I read.

Many thanks
Martin

eskimobob

Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:17:38 pm

Thanks for your welcome and the manual. I had found that earlier however it doesn't seem to say anything about unread stuff (the manual is a bit out of date I think).

I came across an alternative to Gwibber called Choqok which looks great however it is designed for the KDE desktop. My limited knowledge of Linux leads me to think it would not be easy for me to get it working on Gnome instead 8-(

I'd not previously realised that GUI applications were built to work with a specific desktop; looks like I need to educate myself on that...

Wolfman

Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:21:54 pm

Hi eskimobob,

even though some apps are DE specific; there is nothing to stop you installing the prog, it should work!!. (Most Linux apps will work on any DE!)

Regards Wolfman :D

eskimobob

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:47:26 pm

Thanks Wolfman 8-)
I might give it a try then. Learning all the time :ugeek: