This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Live DVD of 5.2 ended up loading another distro on live USB

manyquestions

Tue May 01, 2012 7:18:38 am

I got to the boot menu and everything, and if I remember right it even came up with the splash screen and the whole bit - but then I saw the login screen for Bodhi Linux. :shock: Of course after a moment I realized I have a USB flash drive with that distro plugged in to the docking station of a Dell Latitude D610. Rather odd how it switched to it though. Not sure if this is something anybody want or need to follow up on..

Wolfman

Tue May 01, 2012 7:20:08 am

er!!, you copied Bodhi instead of another OS to the stick!!.

manyquestions

Tue May 01, 2012 7:21:46 am

No, I meant to copy Bodhi when I did, I just forgot it was on there and that it's plugged in. I had intended to boot off the DVD I burned of Zorin and it did start with Zorin but switched.

manyquestions

Tue May 01, 2012 7:30:02 am

Just checked - yep it goes so far as to have the Zorin splash screen with the two nested spinning circles, but then there was a brief message, I think it was "mountall: Disconnected from Plymouth" before it came up with the Bodhi login, where the touchpad does not work..

Wolfman

Tue May 01, 2012 1:43:38 pm

Hi,

don't have 2 bootable devices trying to boot at the same same time!!, Remove either the USB stick or the DVD!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

manyquestions

Tue May 01, 2012 3:09:19 pm

Well yeah I figured that out! But why would it switch over like that? I would have thought once it started with Zorin it would have stayed loading from the DVD instead of looking elsewhere, just curious.

BTW going to put Zorin on someone elses system today - too many malware issues with Windows/kids surfing :roll: