This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] minimize and close window effects not working?

david88

Wed May 02, 2012 8:17:49 am

zorin (and linux) newbie here. ive installed zorin os 5.2 on one computer and some of the cool effects i really enjoyed stoped working. the close window "shatter" effect, and the fold/unfold minimize/maximize effects. im not sure what these are called or what component cpntrolls them, any help would be great. i love this operating system, keep up the good work :)

david88

Wed May 02, 2012 8:28:14 am

ive installed zorin on a few computers and each of them losses the "shatter" effect (when you close a window) im not sure when this happens, but its an effect i very much enjoy. same with the folding/unfolding windows when you minimize/maximize a window. i dont know what controls this or i would investigate myself. im a linux newbie so any information helps. thanks guys :)

madvinegar

Wed May 02, 2012 9:35:08 am

Hi.
Were the effects initially working and then they stopped? Have you made any changes to your GPU drivers or to the compiz config settings?

madvinegar

Wed May 02, 2012 9:39:38 am

First of all, just to check if your GPU drivers are working, do the other effects work? i.e. do you have the cube effect or any other effect?

Secondly, go to system>preferences>simple compiz config settings manager. In the 2nd tab you can select the effects for maximizing/minimising the windows.

david88

Thu May 03, 2012 6:00:04 am

yeah sorry about the double post lol i will look into these as soon as i can, sounds like this may be the problem. oh and i dont actually know how to do the cubed desktop thing >.>

madvinegar

Thu May 03, 2012 6:33:59 am

Cube: Either with your mouse (by keeping clicked the scrolling wheel and moving the mouse) or with ctrl+alt+left mouse button (or left touchpad button) and again moving the mouse (or touchpad)

Wolfman

Thu May 03, 2012 9:38:13 am

Hi,

you can take a look here:

http://wiki.compiz.org/

it might provide you with some valuable info!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

david88

Tue May 08, 2012 5:27:41 am

activated drivers and rebooted. looks great! thanks :)