This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED]Youtube Colour Problem - Adobe Flash Player problem?

Decani

Thu May 03, 2012 8:49:32 pm

Hi,

I installed Zorin I am really pleased with the Op system. I do have one small problem with YouTube and I would appreciate some help please.

When I play some videos on YouTube, the colour is incorrect. Reds appear to be blue and the sky is pink etc, I believe this may be a problem associated with Adobe Flash player, but I am not sure what to do. I did try deleting the program and then reinstalling it, but that didn't cure the problem.

I also tried using a Linux Op system called Deepin in Virtual Box and YouTube displayed the correct colours on there.

I don't know what else to try and would appreciate some help please.

Many thanks.

Rob. :)

Auldyin

Thu May 03, 2012 10:51:09 pm

Hi
I had the same problem a few months back the simple solution, if you are using Google Chrome, is to type in the address bar about:plugins this should give you a new tab with a list of all plugins find Flash and disable, close all tabs and restart Chrome, repeat about:plugins and enable Flash again restart again and hopefully it should be fixed.

P.S. Their is an extension ChromeAccess which gives access to most chrome settings.

Cheers Auldyin

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Wolfman

Fri May 04, 2012 6:03:36 am

Hi,

do you install the addtional drivers for your graphics card??. (ATI & Nvidia only)

Control Center > Hardware > Addtional Drivers

You might also want to install the package(s) "non-free-codecs" but you must have the medibuntu repo activated to install them (it)!!. Without which; you won't have full media support for some programs!!.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1852

Regards Wolfman :D

Decani

Sat May 05, 2012 2:13:28 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied regarding my Youtube problem & the incorrect colors. I found the best option provided was to install Opera and. Media Plus, No click to activate,. YouTube WebM Plus....and all the colors are fine now. It did mean changing browsers from Chrome to Opera, but it's something new for me to play with (and I still have Chrome). From what I've seen of Opera so far, it's good but it does seem slightly more complicated than Chrome.