This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] I can't update, ???

Willyinpr4u

Sat May 05, 2012 12:50:03 am

HI again, well, for the first time I left my computer on (Zorin 5.2 OS of course) and this time it's giving me an error, one which I don't understand.
Because of this error I am not able to update my system, which I do just about every day. Any idea how can I fix this? Thanks.
Screenshot-3.png
Screenshot-3.png (122.34 KiB)

madvinegar

Sat May 05, 2012 6:32:54 am

Do it through terminal.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Wolfman

Sat May 05, 2012 3:10:14 pm

Hi,

see also:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694

Regards Wolfman :D

Willyinpr4u

Sat May 05, 2012 4:35:37 pm

madvinegar wrote:Do it through terminal.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

I tried with the terminal with the same results, but I haven't try the dist. upgrade. I'll let you know as soon as I try it.Thanks to both of you.

Edit: Well, that didn't take long. When I was having problem with the update manager I decided to update by terminal, and it gave me the same error. Now, I did as madvinegar and it worked, even the update manager worked, so I went for the dist. upgrade as well. I feel kind a fool asking this question when I should have waited and try it again after a good night sleep. The problem is solved thanks to you guys, I guess I should make a note of every terminal commands only to learn from it.