This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 5.2-Appearance problem

kerub

Mon May 07, 2012 6:31:19 pm

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 with latest updates. I have heard Zorin OS in these days. I want to try it with virtualbox. I have installed it on my PC. After installation, i have performed all updates. Then, I have run the virtualbox additions and it was installed successfully. After this process, the Zorin's theme was corrupted. The window appearance is not changing now. It always loads the custom theme itself. The buttons are nice but the window appearance is ugly.

Wolfman

Mon May 07, 2012 7:59:18 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1618

Hi,

please take a look at the 3 how-to's and then get back if you still have a problem!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

kerub

Tue May 08, 2012 2:13:37 pm

I tried all of them that you said. But nothing is changed. The window border is ugly (screenshot is given at the following). The theme always is selected as custom theme itself. I select the Zorin OS theme but it is not applying on the system. (PS: When the desktop environment is loaded, everything is OK but after a seconds, it is changing to the appearance as shown the following image)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kerub

Tue May 08, 2012 2:31:37 pm

I have fixed it. The solution is so simple. I have ejected the virtualbox additions drive, login out/in and everything is OK.

kerub

Wed May 09, 2012 7:08:42 am

Today, although the virtualbox additions is ejected, the same problem appeared again. :cry:

Wolfman

Wed May 09, 2012 7:46:49 am

Hi,

did you install the graphic card driver??:

Control Center > Hardware > Additional Drivers (Nvidia & ATI only !)

kerub

Wed May 09, 2012 7:52:40 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

did you install the graphic card driver??:

Control Center > Hardware > Additional Drivers (Nvidia & ATI only !)

I can't install Nvidia driver because of Zorin OS is installed via Virtualbox software which has the graphic driver itself.

Wolfman

Wed May 09, 2012 7:58:05 am

Hi,

sorry I don't use VB so my next suggestion is; install the package "shiki-colors" which will pull down a bunch of other packages and see if that helps!!.

kerub

Wed May 09, 2012 9:51:32 am

I installed shiki-colors package but nothing ischanging. Only, the new themes were installed.

Wolfman

Wed May 09, 2012 10:56:35 am

Hi kerub,

have you tried a different theme and if so; do you still have a problem with the appearance??.

kerub

Wed May 09, 2012 11:05:52 am

Yes, I tried the different theme but nothing is changed, cannot apply the selected theme to the appearance of the desktop environment. It is always selected as custom theme itselft.

Wolfman

Wed May 09, 2012 11:32:42 am

Hi kerub,

did you try the how-to about broken packages??.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1618

kerub

Wed May 09, 2012 11:47:21 am

Dear Wolfman,
I tried to repair the packages via running dpkg in recovery console at start up. After this process, reboot PC but nothing is changed. Same problem is going on unfortunately.

Wolfman

Wed May 09, 2012 5:04:22 pm

Hi kerub,

the only thing I can think of is to reset the theme to its default setting, you need to open appearance and select the theme and then on reset to default!!.

Otherwise: I am out of ideas!! :(