This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

ACCESS TROUBLE

APEKSWTX6R

Thu May 10, 2012 5:55:58 pm

GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE...
I AM BRAND NEW TO THIS..DESKTOP COMPAQ PRESARIO SR2010NX AMD CPU 3400+ X86 + 64 BIT. BURNED ISO IMAGE,INSTALLED ZORIN,REGRETABLY USED PASSWORD.THE INSTALL PROCESS SEEMED TO GO FINE.WHEN THE GRUB SCREEN COMES UP, I CHOOSE UBUNTO, WITH LINUX 2.6.38-15 GENERIC(ABOVE THE RECOVERY MODE) A BLACK SCREEN COMES UP ASKING FOR PASSWORD, YET ONLY ALLOWS 1-5 CHARACTERS.I PARTIONED THE SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120G 7200RPM DRIVE TO APPROX 70% ZORIN- 40% WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION.WHICH, I CAN NOT ACCESS AT ALL, DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE BIOS BOOT ORDER?? MY COMPUTER AT THIS POINT SEEMS USELESS.HOW CAN, I UN-INSTALL, RE-INSTALL WITHOUT THE PASSWORD.
PLEASE.HELP...
THANK YOU.
ALSO,JUST THOUGHT..WHEN PASSWORD COMES UP, DO I HIT ENTER FIRST? ;)

Edit:

I took out your Email address as you would be a great target for millions of spammers in the world!!. Wolfman :D

Wolfman

Thu May 10, 2012 6:40:15 pm

Hi,

at what point is it asking for your password, is it at the login screen??. This is normal if you chose not to have an automatic login.

Please see these how-to#s on installing and partitioning:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1616

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1618

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1658

That should keep you busy.

If you can enter recovery mode, I would suggest you run "dpkg" first to see if that helps.

With regard to your password, did you only create the one??.

Regards Wolfman :D