This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Cairo-Dock doesn't work

nicaroxo

Tue May 15, 2012 10:38:06 am

Hello everyone.
I'm completely numb to linux and love Zorin but i'm experiencing some issues especially with Cairo-Dock, so from the beginning:
After the first updates Z OS starting sound has gone, i mean sound works with everything but the entering sound of Zorin is gone, and yes: its checked from control center\starting apps; another issue is that the default window effects have gone too (window twist and block pieces when closing the window); window effects are checked on Compiz.
(I know this looks like triple post, but these two issues are so insignificant that i think these don't worth particular post)

So the third but most important is that Cairo Dock is gone!
I've installed and removed three times as explained at C-D site but after installation with app center when i click Cairo-Dock or GLX-Dock nothing happens...
I think that what i really need from you is some help for diagnose, how to proceed and where to read, command lines or so.

My workstation specs are:
- Motherboard Supermicro H8DCE;
- 2x Opteron 285;
- RAM 8GB DDR400 ECC;
- Graphics ATI Radeon X310;
- Dual boot Zorin OS 6 64 + Win Seven Ultimate 64

Thanx in advance! :oops:

Wolfman

Tue May 15, 2012 11:01:50 am

Hi,

have you updated your system completely??:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

are your software sources set correctly??:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694

When you said that you tried re-installing Cairo Dock, did you remove it completely or just do a re-install??. You need to remove it completely and then re-install it!!.

Did you install the graphics card drivers??. > Control Center > Hardware > Additional Drivers (ATI & Nvidia only)

Regards Wolfman :D