This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Canon MG3120 Printer

Reckinball

Thu May 17, 2012 11:31:43 pm

Not sure why but when i add printer in ubuntu it finds the printer on network then all you do is select the model it pulls up. It then searches for drivers and auto selects canon and says recommended beside it. Once you click on that you just pick the 3100 series driver and finish. Printing works well in ubuntu. Now for Zorin. There are no drivers listed for this printer. Seems strange when it finds the printer on the network and starts to search for drivers it has recommended beside the generic driver which does not work. I have searched around on the net and tried a few things but nothing seems to work. I hope somebody could tell me how to get this on Zorin. I have had this problem also on Linux mint. Please advise as how to load the ubuntu drivers or somehow get this to work..I really like the zorin os but the printer is a must. I have tried going through Cups with same results

thanks,
Reckinball

Wolfman

Fri May 18, 2012 6:17:28 am

Hi reckinball,

please take a look here:

http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0039340.asp

Check and see if your model is listed!!, do you have "ghostscript" (& "ghostscript-cups" I would assume) installed??.
(According to Canon, "Ghostscript" must be installed first!!)

Download the package at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions. (Maybe first try the following!!)

Please check your "Software Sources" as you may not have all the repos synced!!.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694

Once you have adjusted your software sources, update your system:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

Then try the printer again after checking the package situation.

Let us know if this helps, there are a number of Canon packages in the repos!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Fri May 18, 2012 7:58:17 am

Also in which version of ubuntu do you get the printer working? Is it the latest 12.04?
If yes, you could also wait for the release of Zorin 6 which will be based on 12.04 and gnome3.

Reckinball

Fri May 18, 2012 11:23:28 am

Thanks wolfman I will definatly try what you said....Just got to work so it will be late tonight before i will be able to try it out.

Madvinegar.....Yes i got it running in ubuntu 12.04....Is version 6 coming out soon?