This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Font are not look clear anymore

Jariz

Wed May 23, 2012 11:56:06 am

Hi

I was trying KDE Plasma and then come back gnome, something are happened my fonts...in system.

How can i get them back clear again ?

Wolfman

Wed May 23, 2012 2:33:07 pm

Hi Jariz,

install Ubuntu Tweak and then go to > Tweaks > Fonts:

http://ubuntu-tweak.com/

Regards Wolfman :D
Ubuntu Tweak_003.png
Ubuntu Tweak_003.png (57.05 KiB)

Jariz

Wed May 23, 2012 3:19:59 pm

hmm i have it allready installed, but look very much different. ...

I have lilte messy here now....

EDIT: I have version 0.5.14-1~natty1 (ubuntu-tweak) and uninstall it now and installa new one, let see :roll:

Jariz

Wed May 23, 2012 3:31:30 pm

Don't work , says too many erros in ternimal..when try to install.. trying to find it in synaptic

Wolfman

Wed May 23, 2012 5:17:13 pm

Hi Jariz,

what version of Zorin are you using??.

If you are using Zorin 6 Pre-Release, please read this:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2054

If you are using other versions, please let me know which, check your software sources first and update accordingly:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

Jariz

Wed May 23, 2012 6:30:32 pm

Zorin OS 5.2 Core is the standard desktop version of Zorin OS. x64 installed this week, but not sure is it still zorin or what are happened...

and it offers me new ubuntu now, but if i install it not zorin anymore ? Ubntu 11.10

Where i can find what iso standard my setting for fonts are ? i see it somewhere in kde, but kde is now totaly uninstalled... only gnome 2 and don't let install gnome 3 :(

Mayby i should reinstall hole system, but don't like to do that.. i have installed few things and don't want to make all again, thanks for you help

Wolfman

Wed May 23, 2012 6:48:26 pm

Hi Jariz,

go here and download version ubuntu-tweak-0.5.14-natty1.all.deb:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-tweak/+download

Did you do the software sources correctly??.

Once you have installed ubuntu Tweak, do the following in a terminal:

sudo apt-get update

followed by:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Hope this helps.

Jariz

Wed May 23, 2012 7:33:34 pm

Yes i allready have this version of ubuntu-tweak and it in software center too, but this is so old version...there is no font part :) so i must upgrade hole system to 11.10

Jariz

Wed May 23, 2012 10:38:26 pm

Litle late :) I have done it... not big problems, i have newer gnome system now ...i don't need new ubuntu desktop, font are now good and everything works fine.

Now i start to find how i can change mouse pointer size and style, mayby i must install something. But this font problem is now solved, i have new gnome tweak now and looks fine...