This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

zorin installation

Ferny149

Fri May 25, 2012 11:33:17 pm

I have tried to intall zorin 6 cr with no luck on two acer 5100 one is sata drive and the other ide wont recognize the hdd and no install option, do I have to partition the disk first? would like some help with this in exchage for another donation Fern

Wolfman

Sat May 26, 2012 6:09:34 am

Hi fern,

here is a complete guide for installing with Windows:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1658

When you burnt the disk, did you do so at the slowest possible speed, if you didn't; you will have read/write errors on the disk!!.

If you are okay with partitioining, you can pre-format your drives and choose something else when you start the installer and it asks you where you want to put Zorin!!.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1616

Regards Wolfman :D

Ferny149

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:01:31 am

Mr.Wolfman, thank you for the response, have Zorin installed and running fine along Vista and Ubuntu 12.4, however there are three files with a red x Lost&Found,vmLinux and root and have checked those in the Ubuntu file system and there all files are fine no red x. For now I am enjoying the new OS. Again Thank You and the Team! How to make contribution and keep you guys going?

Fern