This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

just a few questions

steve1020

Thu May 31, 2012 12:18:36 am

ok every thing is going really smooth with zorin os core but i still have a few questions and i hoping somebody could help me with this i look around but cant find any anwsers:

1-how come my mouse cursor dissapears somethimes i have to shake my mouse and it comes back not a big problem but its just a bit annoying is there a way to solve this?

2-If i purchase or donate for zorin os ultimate do i have to do a full install or i just have to do updates or something like that it may sound like a stupid question but im new at this so im dont know how it works...

3-when you donate foe zorin os ultimate when a newer version comes out do i have to donate again or really what im asking is it like windows i purchased windows xp pro when vista came out i had to repurchased again is zorin like that to or we just have to donate once and we have access to newer version for free or how long is the license for?

anyway i hope somebody could help me with this thank you

z06gal

Thu May 31, 2012 1:05:04 am

I have not installed Zorin yet as I am waiting for the final to be released but may I ask what browser you use? The reason I ask is because it does not matter what distro I run, the cursor does that on firefox. Also, does it do it all the time or just on certain sites, etc? On #2, I would imagine a fresh install.

Robin

steve1020

Thu May 31, 2012 1:54:18 am

i use chrome but i notice it does it on firefox too but it doesnt do it when i use other things in zorin just when i use chrome or firefox

Wolfman

Thu May 31, 2012 5:29:56 am

Hi to you both,

if you bought a copy of Zorin, I assume that support is only for the version that you purchased/donated, this is something I would take up directly with admin!!.

Most of the small quirks like jumping mice should be dealt with in Z6, this is not to say it won't happen but should happen less and less!.

Zorin 6 will have 5 years of support so once installed, you won't have to change it for quite a while, there will be updated versions of Ubuntu available, Ubuntu 12.10 will be out in October and U13.04 in April 2013.

Regards Wolfman :D

steve1020

Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:06:17 am

ok thanks for the reply really appreciated