This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Changing the right side of top panel

hazzbeen

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:57:32 am

This below image is of my top right panel (I like mine at the top) is there any way of changing from that 'Gray' colour

Selection_001.png
Selection_001.png (39.01 KiB)

thanks in advance

Hazz

Wolfman

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:11:05 am

Hi Hazz,

firstly you need to install the webupd8 themes PPA and then update your software sources, then you need to install Ubuntu Tweak and change the themes with that after adding any extra themes you want using Synaptic.

http://ubuntu-tweak.com/

Open Ubuntu tweak > Tweaks > Themes.

Add the PPA for webupd8:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/themes

Key:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys EEA14886

Then update:

sudo apt-get update

Regards Wolfman :D

hazzbeen

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:16:44 pm

Thanks guys for the replies, was a great help

ok changing themes doesn't appear to be changing the top panel, so far nothing I've tried has done so.

so far I've still only got the listed themes from the panel set-up 'preferences' or am I missing something

regards
Hazz

Wolfman

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:42:41 am

Hi Haz,

I assume you installed the webupd8 PPA which will give you a lot more GTK themes.
Synaptic Package Manager _001.png
Synaptic Package Manager _001.png (190.23 KiB)

If you use Ubuntu Tweak, you can change the themes of both GTK theme and window:
Ubuntu Tweak > Tweaks > Theme

The other way is to use the AWN settings manager, right click on the toolbar and then on "Dock Preferences" and then "Theme", there are several themes within that settings manager!!.
Awn Settings_002.png
Awn Settings_002.png (114.1 KiB)

Regards Wolfman :D

hazzbeen

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:42:47 am

Thanks once again guys, trust me to get things back-to front, insideout whichever, I was reading what you guys wrote but still making same mistake double duh.....I a happy camper now and all fixed.