This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to resize HDD

Jason1097

Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:39:18 am

Zorin 5.2 installed on ZenServer 5.6 with ISCSI 2.1TB allocated
I used a test install of Zorin to take a snapshot, when I used the snapshot to create new VM it was by default set to 24GB.

Now, I want to change the size of the HDD from 24GB to 2TB. I know how to do this with Windows VM's but I can't find a similar screen on Zorin.

I think I can delete the entire thing and start over fresh with a new install but I have time in this box and a simple resize makes more sense.

Any direction or redirection is appreciated!

Wolfman

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:14:39 am

Hi Jason,

see this link about VMWare:

http://www.matttopper.com/2006/05/addin ... -in-linux/

please see this how-to about general partitioning/installing:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1616

Regards Wolfman :D

Jason1097

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:51:49 pm

Thank you for those links. While I was waiting on my post to be approved last night I turned the VM off and created a new one with the full disk space. If I got a response in time I could just turn it back on, if not, I would still be heading towards progress. Turns out I finished in time.

I'm working on a backup project. I've been experimenting with different solutions because although NovaStor does a great job, I have issues with it.

Basically, I have some Windows shares that I need backed up daily with versions for files etc. The shares are used by about 70 people and are 215GB, 165GB, 110GB and some smaller ones.
I'm running fbackup in mirror mode on the Windows boxes (using VSS for open files) and storing those on the Zorin desktop. From there, I'm using 'back in time' to capture changed files. It doubles each directory but ensures nothing is lost and I can easily manage it. I also have a 4TB external drive that I was using before and I'll reintroduce it later. Files that are restored regain their permissions when restored or copied back and I am able to restore by folder or file and from different versions back.