This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Can't change back to default theme

JonasK

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:21:27 pm

Hey mates,

I just installed Zorin OS 6 Core and when i configured it, i tried out the other themes in the appearance menu, but now i cannot return back to the default theme. I've heard i can change it with Ubuntu tweak but it crashes every time i start it! Can someone help me please? :(

Wolfman

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:44:39 pm

Hi,

firstly update your system fully with these how-to's then get back to us if you still cannot use Ubuntu Tweak.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1618

Regards Wolfman :D

Wolfman

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:55:52 pm

Hi Swarf,

unless they get UT fixed, they are going to have a hard time resetting the theme as there is very little in the way of tools to achieve this, they can try it with Dconf Editor but it isn't easy as they must physically type the name (exactly) of the GTK theme they want to use!!. They must also have the theme(s) installed.

They can try it with:

dconf editor > org > gnome > desktop > interface > gtk theme > name-of-theme

Or fix ubuntu Tweak as it is a damned sight easier!.

Try reinstalling Ubuntu Tweak as this may help!!.

Open Synaptic and type ubuntu tweak in search then right click on the package and then reinstall it!!.

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

(Again!!!!)

Regards Wolfman :D

JonasK

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:29:46 pm

Thank you guys! :)

shrinivas

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:29:42 am

Was your problem solved, if so, how ?
There was a 'blank' when I clicked on theme, now I am stuck with some other theme. It is also nice-looking, but not like default theme.
Regards