This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(Problem) Zorin OS does not like my mouse??

Numlock4045

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:00:17 am

i just installed Zorin OS 05-5.2 as my primary/only OS (just to clarify i have a good bit of experience using linux, I used ubuntu 8.10 for years... i dont like alot of the stuff they have done in the new ones so i moved on) but anyway back onto the problem at hand... for some reason this OS and only this OS hates my Logitech G300 mouse and im not sure why..... my issues are when ever i click on something the mouse jumps around, when ever i try to resize or move a window it blows the window up big enough to cover at least half of my 4 work spaces... will not let me click on any of the quick launch icons (when i click on them nothing happens).. and just a whole lot of issues when i use that mouse.. right now im using a standard wireless Logitech mouse and it seems to be working fine so far...

another thing to clarify EVERYTHING is already updated/upgraded 100%
ive turned off alot of the compiz fusion settings that had anything to do with the mouse...

thanks for the help in advance

Numlock

Wolfman

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:22:04 am

Hi Numlock,

when you say "Updated", is it really??, please see this topic first and let us know if it helps!!.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Other than that; I can really only recommend the Logitech website:

http://forums.logitech.com/

It may simply be a gremlin in your system!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Numlock4045

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:55:34 am

yea i already did everything in that post.. problem is still there... and i havent checked the logitech site but i didnt even think about it cuz i dont see them supporting Linux very well if at all...

Wolfman

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:09:43 am

What graphics card do you have and have you installed the addtional drivers in the System Settings menu??. (ATI & Nvidia only!!)

This might help solve your problem!!.

Numlock4045

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:17:26 am

i knew i forgot something.. im installing it now.. will post back when its done.

Numlock4045

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:48:47 am

well that fixed my dual monitor problem.... but it still hates my mouse... all well... im still happy cuz alot more stuff works the way it should be in this OS then stuff has with the other like 9 i have tried.. so this is looking like its going to be my daily.... also wolfman i would like to give a big thanks for your help and extra quick replys... i still have a few questions.. is there an IRC channel or some kind of chat i could use to talk to you on? i promise not to eat up alot of your time.. but i feel it would be alot faster then posting in the forum.

Wolfman

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:08:55 am

Hi,

sorry but I don't do chat channels!.

When and if you have questions, first browse through the How-To section and see if you can find an answer there, there are plenty of tips and tricks already described for all members!!.

Wolfman

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:04:44 pm

For problems with the mouse; you can take a look here too, it may be what you need!!:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2254&start=10