This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Stuck at Login

shadow.kka

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:16:07 am

Hi,

i bought Zorin OS 6 the premium version. Its been running quite well for a couple of days now.

the problem is all of a sudden when I try to login, i enter my password and hit enter, then in the login box it says loggin in.

ive waited upto 20 mins watching tv and coming back to it and it still says the same thing.

I am able to move the mouse around and click accessibility, volume, and am able to shut down and restart the computer.

also when it first happened i restarted the PC then tried to log into fall back mode, i was able to do it. So i then logged out and re tired logging in fallback mode and default now both were stuck at the same place when i try to login ( i enter my password and hit enter, then in the login box it says loggin in )

i restarted again tried to login using classic with no effects and classic both the same the first time i can login then i try the same session a second time and i get stuck.

Im now using live USB to write this as i cant log into any sessions anymore.

Wolfman

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:33:34 am

Hi,

try this first:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Start with the 3rd option in "Broken Files".

Regards Wolfman :D

shadow.kka

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:36:11 am

thanks mate,

I noticed it updated the unity greeter, so im assuming that did the trick as now its working flawlessly again.

also on a side note, could you point me in the right directon to get the login/out sounds working. its enabled in ubuntu tweak but i cant hear them

thanks again

Wolfman

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:12:48 am

Hi,

not only should you activate the button in U Tweak but also make sure the slider is all the way up in the sound control manager:
Sound_005.png
Sound_005.png (33.36 KiB)

System Settings > Sound > Sound Effects > Alert Volume

You might also be interested in:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2023

Regards Wolfman :D