This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

{Solved}Battery Icon Cannot Be Removed

numbersix6

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:52:33 pm

OS6 x64 on Dell Inspiron 1720:
Running the Win7 theme, the power icon shows the battery at fully charged. I would only like the battery icon to be present while charging, so I go to System Settings->Power->Show Battery Status In The Menu Bar. The Drop down box shows blank. I click it and choose When Battery Is Charging/In Use, but nothing happens. There is no button to Apply the setting, so I close the menu, and the icon is still there. Open the Power Settings again and the drop down box is blank once again.
This drop down menu bug seems to be prevalent in this release. If I open Appearance Settings, the box indicating Theme is blank as well. Also, if anyone can tell me where to find the screensaver options and settings, I would appreciate it.

Wolfman

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:46:38 am

Hi,

you need to open the AWN settings manager and remove the icon using that tool!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

numbersix6

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:54:43 am

Hi Wolfman
Thanks for your reply. I did open AWN, however there is no settings or applets listing battery or power. I do not want to delete the icon totally, just not to show when it is fully charged. Thanks again.

Wolfman

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:00:21 am

Hi numbersix6,

I think if you look at the add icons thingy in AWN settings, you will see a few icons listed from left to right (the ones that are already active) and you can add/remove them from the list by simply clicking the button!!.

Might find something useful here:

http://www.newlinuxuser.net/the-awn-dock.html

Regards Wolfman :D