This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Few questions about Zorin 6 Ultimate

doubledragon5

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:38:19 am

Well i finally got it installed, now I have a few small issues I need help on.. First is everytime I have to use my password for something, it takes me 3 tries before it accpts it. Each time I type in the correct one. Second is the desktop plus thing. While I think the moving effects are cool, sometime my whole desktop dissapears, then returns. How do you solve that problem.. While I thought I stoped background plus,it did not stop and my whole desktop dissapeard for good.. I had to log off and log back on using ctrl alt del to bring up the log off box to fix it, so hopefully there will be a solution. For now that is it. thanks..

Here is another problem that just poped up when you choose system settings adminstration, there is nothing there no icons or nothing.. I gave me a error that won't show up again, so I can't tell you exactly what it is.. This I expect on the RC version, not the paid version..

Wolfman

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:32:16 am

Hi DD,

did you take a look at this guide?:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2054

Follow the first piece of advice about updating first!.

If you have an Nvidia card, there are problems with it at the mo and a bug report has been filed!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

doubledragon5

Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:57:18 pm

Hi wolman did all the updates frist.. I still having nothing under the admin icon.. Would it be wise to do a reinstall.

Wolfman

Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:31:22 pm

Hi DD,

before you try a re-install, try running "dpkg" from the recovery menu just in case, if that doesn't work, then by all means try a re-install!.

doubledragon5

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:11:53 pm

Ok thank, I will give that a try.

doubledragon5

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:09:15 pm

OK reinstalled Zorin and after a few days of it doing good, I got the same problesm.. This happened after the lates updates.. When you click on system tools adminstration there is no icons, and it throw a "Sorry Zorin experience a internal error". When you go to click on the details, it says sorry can't determined which package or something like that than dissaperars.. So I can't even right down which package it is that is causing the probllem.. I reinstalled it because doing the recovery did not work.. I hate to say it, but i should have waited before I shelled out money...

Bulldawg67

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:07:52 pm

Hi,

Install cairo-dock and you can access your missing icons that you don't see for admin.. Same thing happened to me.

Bulldawg67

Wolfman

Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:02:50 am

Hi,

what are your software sources like, did you read the update guide??.

See the section about "Broken FIles" first:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247