This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Network Printer

tgentry

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:18:06 pm

Zorin OS 6. Cant get network printers to be listed. I get FirewallD is not running. Network printer detection needs services mdns, ipp, ipp-client and samba-client enabled on firewall. I have the firewall disabled and still get this message. My printers/copiers all have static IP addresses. Any help would be appreciated

Wolfman

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:24:23 pm

Hi,

what printer is it??.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Netwo ... WithUbuntu

Regards Wolfman :D

Wolfman

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:42:58 pm

Hi,

does this link mean you are sorted??:

viewtopic.php?f=6&p=9636#p9636

Regards Wolfman :D

tgentry

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:11:23 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi tgentry, I have not got this far yet with my network printer as have had some issues with YouTube. I would download and install Firewall Builder which is free and for GNU/Linux - they have instructional videos on YouTube which I have not had time to look at yet. Let us know how you get on - it got good reviews in Linux Format Magazine recently as it makes configuring easy to follow.

Yes using the Alt+F2, type system-config-printer and press Enter solution worked for me. I did not have to download anything or enable the firewall.

Thanks for the information though. I will look at the Firewall Builder and see what that looks like.