This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Mintmenu (revisited)

strict

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:17:14 pm

Is there a way to add Mintmenu or Cardapio to Zorin 6? I like the new AWN panel, but haven't found a way to make it happen. I'm just not a big fan of the Gnomenu myself. I have only messed around with the live version and plan to install it tonight after work. Otherwise release 6 looks spot on.

Wolfman

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:36:17 pm

Hi,

Cardapio is a bit buggy at the mo (in PinguyOS at least), why don't you try Cairo Dock??.

Regards Wolfman :D

hazzbeen

Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:09:50 am

Cairo-dock runs beautifully with Zorin 6, I've also chosen to use the Zorin Desktop instead of Gnome
on my 2 computers + on a laptop everything works really well including compiz etc etc and with open source drivers on all systems

madvinegar

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:48:31 am

I think there is a way to add mint menu because one of the member here has actually done it. I will look into the topics and try to find him...

strict

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:23:11 pm

Thanks all. I came to zorin as a mint refugee during the mint 12 upheaval and have really grown fond of the mint menu since it was so easy to include in zorin 5. I was introduced to cardapio when checking out SolusOs and I found it tolerable. If I cannot get mint menu to work I suppose I can live with Gnomenu for the time being.

madvinegar

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:46:09 pm

I think a member called "craigx" has instaled the mint menu in Zorin6. You could sent a PM to him. I cannot find his post!