This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 6 Doesn't Recognize my HDD

THEOMAST1X

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:30:51 pm

Hi,
I wanted to install Zorin OS 6 alongside my current Windows 7 OS.
I have a 2TB Hard Drive. Here is a link to my HDD (http://www.ebuyer.com/319641-seagate-2t ... t2000dm001). So I created a 100GB partition on the 2TB HDD. However when I run the Zorin OS from the disk and it has loaded the Zorin OS Desktop etc I click on the "Install Zorin OS" icon. However once I have selected what Language I wish to use and clicked continue it says "Must have 7.6GB free Disk Space" and it has a massive red cross next to it. For some reason it doesn't recognize the HDD at all. Thus meaning I can't install Zorin.
As I am new to Linux/Zorin I have no idea what to do and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
THEOMAST1X.

madvinegar

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:44:33 pm

How did you create this 100GB partition? Was it through windows? Did you make it NTFS?

I think that you must create the partition with "Gparted" (tool included in the live CD of Zorin), and make the file "ext4" (not NTFS).

Just to be sure, wait for wolfman or swarfendor to see your post and confirm if I am correct.