This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 6 Lite

jmm

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:59:18 am

Hello, currently three days into the Ultimate version of Zorin. Worth every penny of the donation. It is awesome. The devs are doing amazing work compared to the other Ubuntu based distros.

Is it possible to add the lite version (from command line) and choose at install whether I want Ultimate or Lite? If so, what would the command be?

I know how to do this with Lubuntu but I want to make sure I pull in the complete Zorin package (if possible).

Thanks for your help.

jmm

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:41:21 pm

Very sorry for not being clearer.

Example: If Ubuntu is main OS I can install Lubuntu from command line and choose at start up which Desktop Environment I want to use.

Ultimate is my main OS, from command line can you add the LXDE environment (Zorin Lite) or do you need to use a disc and do an iso install?

Thanks.

Wolfman

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:13:01 pm

jmm wrote:Hello, currently three days into the Ultimate version of Zorin. Worth every penny of the donation. It is awesome. The devs are doing amazing work compared to the other Ubuntu based distros.

Is it possible to add the lite version (from command line) and choose at install whether I want Ultimate or Lite? If so, what would the command be?

I know how to do this with Lubuntu but I want to make sure I pull in the complete Zorin package (if possible).

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

in short, you will have to create another root and home partition and install Zorin Lite on that, it is based on Ubuntu 11.10, Zorin 6 Core is based on U12.04!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

MMTMM

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:02:22 pm

jmm wrote:Is it possible to add the lite version (from command line) and choose at install whether I want Ultimate or Lite?

The easiest and safest way to do this is to just dual-boot Zorin and Zorin Lite. That way you have the best of both worlds. :D