This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] firestarter firewall

schopenh

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:34:29 pm

What do I need to do so that my firewall turns on right after I log in with my password? Now, right after I put in my password to log in, I have to, again, put in my password to start my firewall. Also, in both of my admin accounts (I have both OS6 & OS 5.2), I can get the firestarter firewalls to work after I put in my password for the second time, but I can't get GUFW to work. The opposite is the case in my user accounts. Please let me know what I need to do to get my firestarter firewalls to work in my user accounts, especially if you can do so without me having to put my password in a second time. Thanks and thanks a ton for your OSs.

Wolfman

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:41:22 am

Hi,

I don't use it but you can start by looking here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IptablesHowTo

Hope it helps!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

schopenh

Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:57:15 am

Thanks a lot guys.
Wolfman, you have a great quote. To quote a quote about your quote, "No truer words were ever spoken." I'm sure real men such as Martin Luther King Jr. and Gandhi would completely agree.

I don't use it but you can start by looking here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IptablesHowTo

Hope it helps!!.

Regards Wolfman :D[/quote]

Wolfman

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:01:54 am

Hi Schopenh,

Messrs Martin Luther King Jr. and Gandhi were indeed great men, we must however not forget the great women too; women like Aung San Suu Kyi and Mother Teresa for example :D :D :D

Are you sorted now btw???.

Regards Wolfman :D :D :D

schopenh

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:10:02 pm

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, but...No doubt you're right of course. Gotta give credit where it's due, and those ladies sure deserve it. I know this is not the place for it, but we can sure use a Martin or a Mahatma to organize us and inspire us to help us get out of this huge economic and backwards moving mess we're in, not only mostly created by the 1% but as people such as Gary Null and Gerald Celente have said (and I'm sure our founding fathers, Gandhi, and Martin would agree with them) by many of the 99% who had the time, talent, and treasure to watch our business, political and other "leaders," but who were taking too much time entertaining themselves; so we've had one hell of an agonizing crash. Some of 99% were too busy spending too much time entertaining themselves with video games, facebook, movies, TV, Ipads, sports, soap operas of some sort, and so on. Me, me, me generation. Those of us who have the time (some of us don't) have to keep an eye on our "leaders," because if we keep bending over and holding our ankles, they're going to continue to stick to us big time, and they're going to continue their high crimes and misdemeanors and go scot free, as they've done so far; and more and more of us are going to become homeless and have to eat rats, as some families are doing right here in the richest country in the world. Sure these people who spend too much time entertaining themselves have a “right” to use their time as they wish, but at what price? Surely they know that with every right comes a responsibility, as even the ancients knew, just as a coin has a head and a tail, not just a head or a tail. Some of them love to talk about their rights, but they don't want to do the duty that goes along with it, and boy are we paying for it. Sorry for respectfully and politely parroting what Martin and Gandhi have said, but in a way, the sky is really falling, and there's no place to hide from the worse than predatory financiers, bankers, politicians and others. These “leaders” are singing some of Ozzy's lyrics -- Death and hatred to mankind. Poisoning their brain washed minds.

Wolfman

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:54:51 am

Hi,

wise words of wisdom you have written, we will all see what lies ahead in the next few months as now the governments have started realising that the "Bankers" have had their hands in the till (cash register) for far too long!!.

schopenh

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:36:16 pm

Hi,
I think the most they'll get is a slap on the wrist, amounting to a fine that may be in the billions of dollars, but in comparison to the amount of money they made, is just a fraction, something that they'll consider very much well worth the fine, as the government does every so often with big pharma and big oil. I bet they laugh all the way to the bank at such government fines, as they laugh at us. These people are diabolical, heartless, unconscionable, ruthless psychopaths, hollow men, so much worse than the worse of the Lilliputians. The only other thing that matters to them is mowing us under like grass. It's their pleasure. If one of us had our hand in the till to the tune of a small fraction of the amount of money they made away with, the government would treat us worse than they're treating Bradley Manning, and they would lock us up for life and throw away the key. But hey, this is the land of the “free” (the 1% who go free when they commit high crimes), the home of the brave, where there is “justice” for all who can afford it, that is, the 1% and those they chose to “help” for their own benefit, of course.

schopenh

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:50:28 pm

Wolfman,

Here's one example of what I said in regard to the fines they'll receive. Today on http://lawanddisorder.org/, economist and Professor Richard Woff said that the fine that Wells Fargo's received for one of their many high crimes amounted to 1% of their last year's profits. Isn't that sweet? The 1% get a 1% fine. Pretty much the same goes for Chase, Bank of America, and any of the overly bloated humongous Frankensteins that are destroying our country.

Wolfman

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:46:39 pm

Hi schonpenh,

as interesting as your observations are, can we now close this thread??, you can start a discussion thread in the "Off Topic" section of the forum if you like :D :D :D :D

schopenh

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:05:05 am

Hi Wolfman,

Thanks for the opportunity, but I'm good. This went further than I thought it would, and I appreciate that you even addressed my comment about your quote, never mind the rest of what I wrote.

Danke,

Schopenh