This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Version of ubuntu?

onlychevys

Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:43:28 am

I've searched and read everything I can. I just want to know what freaking version of ubuntu this is based off of???? It don't say anywhere on this web site! I have the latest as of this date/july/1st/2012. Please let me know after mod gets done waiting a few day to let anyone see this. Oh then a few days for mod to alow reply. I might just go back to ubuntu c***!
Edit: Seems to be posting this time, please let me know. Thanks

jmm

Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:32:16 am

12.04 Ubuntu LTS

Wolfman

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:52:20 am

Hi,

sorry you had to wait but the mods are all volunteers and not paid, we also have familes etc, the reason people have to wait for first post approval is to make sure that they are not spammers. We also live in different time zones so when you are awake, others are asleep!!. Further; there are not that many active mods or members on the forum at the moment and until such time as the number increases and participation of more members takes hold, people may well have to wait a while for an answer.

Once your first post has been approved and it is established you are not a spammer, you can post away to your hearts content :D :D :D

Further to your question about the version:

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with Zorins own desktop and extensions, it doesn't work well with Gnome Shell which is not installed by default.

Regards Wolfman :D

MMTMM

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:35:11 pm

You can easily check the version by going to Menu > System Tools > System Monitor and click the first tab on the left.

onlychevys

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:13:16 am

I just read my original post and I look like a jerk, I was just having one of those days I guess. Thanks to everyone for there reply's!!

Wolfman

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:50:24 pm

Hi,

no problem, if you have other questions, fire away :D :D :D :D

I will mark this as solved!!.

Regards Wolfman :D