This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Gnome 2 panel

wlsnoops

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:21:11 pm

Zorin OS 6 Core 32-bit
Acer Aspire 5920 laptop

Hello,
Goofing around, I added a terminal icon to my top panel in Gnome 2. I want to delete it but can't figure out how. Changing the Gnome 2 panel has caused the bottom panel (Awn) in Windows 7 look to become transparent. I would like to reset everything back to default.
I tried making changes to the Awn preferences to no avail.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

madvinegar

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40:03 am

Hi. Have you tried changing look in look changer? i.e. change look to MacOS, logout-login, and then back to win7look (or gnome look) and logout-login again.

wlsnoops

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:11:53 pm

madvinegar wrote:Hi. Have you tried changing look in look changer? i.e. change look to MacOS, logout-login, and then back to win7look (or gnome look) and logout-login again.

Hi madvinegar.
Although I didn't have the MacOS option, I changed it to Win XP, logged out, changed it back to Win 7, logged out and back in and all's good now. Thanks for the help.

Do you know how to remove the terminal icon that I added to the top panel in Gnome 2 mode? I kinda like it there, but would like to know to remove it. Guess I need to double down on learning commands.
Thanks again.

madvinegar

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18:33 pm

Yes, the MACos Look was just an example. Glad you got it working!

I am not in front of my zorin laptop right now, but as regards the terminal icon, have you tried right-clicking on it to see if you get any options? (i.e. delete or remove etc?).
If not, press ctlr+super key (the windows key) and while you continue to keep them pressed, try again with your mouse to right-click on the terminal icon on the bar to see of you get any list of options.

wlsnoops

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:58:29 pm

madvinegar wrote:Yes, the MACos Look was just an example. Glad you got it working!

I am not in front of my zorin laptop right now, but as regards the terminal icon, have you tried right-clicking on it to see if you get any options? (i.e. delete or remove etc?).
If not, press ctlr+super key (the windows key) and while you continue to keep them pressed, try again with your mouse to right-click on the terminal icon on the bar to see of you get any list of options.

Hello once again.
I tried your suggestions, but unfortunately, neither worked. Gotta be something simple. Thanks.

wlsnoops

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:14:02 pm

You were close, madvinegar. The answer was super key+alt and then right click the icon. Have a great day!

madvinegar

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:16:34 pm

hehehe! Thanks for pointing that out. Glad that at least I have led you to the right direction. As I said, I do not have in front of me my Zorin laptop...
Have a great day as well!