This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 6 Core (Problem with my 'Update Manager.'

tech27

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:53:31 am

Please see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpJzdAEL ... e=youtu.be

I just installed 'Zorin OS 6 Core' on my 2nd HDD and I didn't encounter any problems during the installation. But I have this problem on Update Manager, because when I open the settings I seen all updates were unchecked then I click it to do an update, then it asks for authentication, I then enter my password(I'm the admin) but the option is still uncheck (I really entered the correct password) I wonder why this had happened. I had never experienced this problem before, back when I use Zorin OS 5 and Zorin Lite OS. So I have no idea how to solve this problem, actually I did re-install Zorin 6 Core (I'm using a thumb drive, I used this method way back when I install both Zorin 5 and Lite) and still installation was OK but still this problem persist. I hope you guys can help me with this.

madvinegar

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:05:03 am

Hi!
Have you tried updating your system through terminal?
Have a look at this very usefull guide of Wolfman.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

tech27

Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:58:28 am

madvinegar wrote:Hi!
Have you tried updating your system through terminal?
Have a look at this very usefull guide of Wolfman.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

Ok thanks for that, I'll try it later, coz I'm in school right now ;>

Wolfman

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:47:14 am

Hi tech27;

"Coz" I'm in school now??, is that something you learned in school, I think you need to talk to your teachers! :D :D :D :D

Regards Wolfman :D

tech27

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:05:11 am

Nope. Just did that because I'm in a hurry ;> and English isn't my native language. I'm an asian.

Wolfman

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:15:49 am

Hi,

well your English is very good considering it is not your native language :D :D :D And you do know I am only joking right :D :D :D :D

Have you fixed your problem??.

Regards Wolfman :D