This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Settings showing Ubuntu logos instead of Zorin

spavila

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:55:55 pm

Just performed an update on my computers. Checked Details in System Settings and it is now showing the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS logo instead of the Zorin logo.

This is happening on both my 32-bit and 64-bit install of Zorin OS 6.

madvinegar

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:05:54 am

Spavila install ubuntu tweak http://ubuntu-tweak.com/, go to tweaks>theme and try to change it back to the zorin theme.

Wolfman

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:32:05 am

Hi spavila,

it also has to do with which icon theme set you are using, if you have changed the icon themes, you need to set them back to Zorin OS and as MV has pointed out, you can do this with Ubuntu Tweak > Tweak > Themes > Icon Theme.

Regards Wolfman :D
Ubuntu Tweak_006.png
Ubuntu Tweak_006.png (57.99 KiB)

spavila

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:08:48 am

Everything in Ubuntu Tweak is set at Zorin. It is happening on all three computers I currently have Zorin OS installed on. All of them are set with the Zorin Look Changer set at Windows 7. I click the blue Z orb, menu pops up, click "System Settings", the select Details. The logo changed when I performed an update. Before the update, I remember the Details window displaying the Zorin logo and Zorin OS 6.

On my 64-bit machine, the login screen changed its logo from Zorin OS 6 to ubuntu 12.04 LTS that is displayed in the lower left hand corner of the screen; but I know how to fix it. I am just now sure where the folder is that holds the System Settings Details to fix this problem.

http://www.zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2321#p9800

Yes, this seems to be a minor problem. Hopefully, I can find an answer but I've exhausted all my options today. Perhaps tomorrow or if anyone out there can find an answer that would be great.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Wolfman

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:22:15 am

Hi,

because ZorinOS is based on Ubuntu 12.04, this may be the reason why that particular icon is being shown, you have the Zorin button on your panel so is it really worth worrying about??.

Regards Wolfman :D

spavila

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:25:34 am

I found it!! The particular .png file is located in the /usr/share/gnome-control-center/ui folder.
I booted up the live DVD and navigated to this particular folder and copied the Zorin OS logo to a flash drive and then copied it back into the folder of my hard drive.

Now my System Settings Details window is now displaying the Zorin OS logo instead of Ubuntu!! :)

I am wondering if any future updates will wipe out all Zorin logos and replace them with Ubuntu. So far, I have seen them in the login-in screen and the System Settings Details window.

You can mark this as SOLVED.

madvinegar

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:16:52 pm

You have a gift Spavila. You solve your own linux-problems. :D

Well done once more! :mrgreen: