This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED]Open Office

jymm

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:00:04 pm

I prefer Open Office to Libre Office. I have tried installing Open Office and not been successful. If I put Open Office in Ubuntu Software Center or Synaptic Package manager I still get Libre Office. I download the .Deb file from Open Office but could not install it. I could not even extract the file. Has anyone been able to install Open Office on Zorin? I am using 5.2 core. I am considering running it on Wine or Play on Linux, but would prefer the Linux version.

madvinegar

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:18:07 pm

Hi.
Have you tried following this guide: http://www.fossapps.com/2011/06/26/how- ... ntu-11-04/

jymm

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:40:46 pm

Problem solved. Great Tutorial. It ended up being easy, all I had to do was cut and paste, and drag my folder.
Not sure where you find all of those great tutorials, I never seem to be able to find any.

Thanks again.
Jymm

jymm

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:34:21 pm

The problem is still solved, but not without more problems. It seems the Libre Office Draw package was broken on being uninstalled. This again prevented me from updating and installing anything else. I was able to finally fix the broken package and remove it with Synapatic package manager, so all is well once again.

madvinegar

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:58:35 am

Glad I helped my friend. Very happy that you got it working!