This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) How to change fonts in Zorin 6

kengator

Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:10:21 am

All,

I'd like to fiddle with fonts in Zorin 6 and everything that I can find states that I should use Ubuntu Tweak. The problem is that the Ubuntu Tweak that shipped with Zorin 6 32 bit is the latest version but I don't even have fonts listed as an option under Tweaks. In fact, Tweaks doesn't look at all like pictures of Tweaks out on the web (i.e. lots of icons missing).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

madvinegar

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:11:40 am

I go to ubuntu tweak>tweaks>theme and there are 5-6 themes I can choose of. I am using Zorin6 32bit ultimate.
Ubuntu tweak version 0.7.2

kengator

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:23:33 am

What if I want to use a font that's not part of an installed theme? Or what if I like my current theme but just want a different font? The info out on the web shows that you can change fonts on Precise using Ubuntu Tweak>Tweaks>Fonts but that options doesn't appear available in Zorin OS6 32 bit. Am I missing something?

Wolfman

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:59:10 am

Hi,

whatever fonts you want to use, you must make sure that they are placed in the fonts folder:

home > file system > usr > share > fonts

otherwise they won't show up in Ubuntu Tweak!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

kengator

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:09:56 am

Hey all,

Got it! You need to install "Advanced Settings" (also known as Gnome Tweak) from the software center. "Advanced Settings" then gives you access to change fonts.

You can mark this as SOLVED.

kengator

kengator

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:38:36 pm

Swarf,

I saw wolfman's post and stayed away from Gnome Tweak. However, not finding anything useful on the web, I asked for support from the Zorin team (since I have Zorin6 ultimate) and Gnome Tweak is what they said to use. Note that I only asked about and fiddled with the fonts. There's a lot of other stuff in there that I didn't touch including tweaks for gnome shell.

kengator

Wolfman

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:45:34 am

Hi chaps,

I was told by the devs that we shouldn't be using Gnome shell, if your system is stable, then by all means use it, I was only going by what I was told!!.

Gnome Tweak requires Gnome Shell to be installed, maybe installing Gnome Shell might solve the Nvidia graphics problem, I will try it out and see!!.

kengator

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:36:07 pm

Wolfman,

I want to be clear on one thing: I didn't install gnome shell. OS is pretty much out of the box with zorin6 ultimate. I just installed advanced settings from software center and changed fonts.

kengator

Wolfman

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:56:24 am

Hi Kengator,

I assume that Gnome Shell was installed when you added Gnome Tweak Tool as it needs it to run, I tried out Gnome Shell on my system and it runs fine!!.